November 27, 2011. Wally has had this boat for about 7 years. In late 2009, because he had not had the time to enjoy her, he decided to sell her and we listed her here on the website. Wally advised today he has pretty much decided to keep her and asked that we pull the ad - which we have. Wally now joins that select group of Dolphin owners who have 'dodged the bullet".
He bought her from a dentist in Stonybrook, Long Island - her name then was White Cap. Wally has done a lot of work on this boat and has fit her out for single handed sailing. When he sent in the following email on December 4, 2009 she had been out of the water for a year with the bottom paint stripped to prepare her for barrier coating.
I have more info about hull #223 built by Yankee Yachts in 1971. I hate to sell her but I think someone else might have more opportunity to enjoy her. She will require very little work to make it a 'show' and ocean going vessel. The boat has been completely re-fitted.
Some day maybe we'll get a couple of pictures? In the meantime the ad Wally placed was pretty descriptive - #223, which was offered at $7000, is a well equipped boat.
- all new standing rigging and running rigging (Harken)
- Two Barient self tailing winches
- Selden Roller furling headsail with racing foil
- Boom kicker and vang
- Canopy frame for dodger (needs new canvas)
- 2 head sails (working jib and 110% genoa)
- 3/4 ounce flasher
- Autohelm 1000 auto pilot
- 2 outboard motors 5 hp Evinrude, 9.9hp Evinrude long shaft
- Rewired with 2 battery bank
- new cushions
- Origo 2 burner alcohol stove
- hand pump faucet
- new VHF radio
- new bilge pump
- 8 foot tender with 2 hp outboard
- 350 lb mooring anchor, chain and ball
- A set of boat stands